I'm looking for a n y information on my husband ancestors. Only thing I found on the Bachman family comes from memories written by Henry Bachman.
- Jacob Bachman came to Palatinate from uplands of Zurich and Bern and setteled in Frankinstahl in Palatinate. He was a Mennonite.His wife's maiden name was Bechtel.
- Johannes Bachman, their son, was born in Germany in 1800. He had 6 brothers [Jacob, Michel Johannes, Christian, Abraham and Samuel], and 2 sisters [Hannah,married to Flammer, and Lena, married to Dau].
- In 1851 Johannes Bachman left Heilbronn, Germany for America, arriving in New York in fall of the same year.
- On October 1852 his wife Johanna and their 3 children [Katherine Frederica, born Feb 23 1832 in Heilbronn, Wurttemberg, Henry and Ernestina] followed. They departed from Le Havre,France, crossed the ocean and made a stop on Bahama Islands.From Nassau they traveled to Charleston, South Carolina and finally took a train to Philadelphia, where they were reunited with Johannes.
- Katherina Fredrica Bachman got married to Louis Philip Kuenstler on April 11 1855 in the First German Baptist Church in Philadelphia.They had 13 children: Henry, Louisa, Richard, Matilda Johanna, Emma, William Ludwig, Albert, Lydia, Amanda, Lidia, Martha Clara, Wilhelmina and Benjamin.
- Katherina Fredrica Bachman Kuenstler died on March 19, 1884.
Does anybody recognize this branch of Bachman family? I would appreciate any information or hint